Job Title: Supply Planner
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Travel: Infrequent travel to Suppliers & Customers
Salary £28k – £30k + £2k annual bonus + free lunch & free parking
- To manage the Supply activities to achieve success in all areas.
- To build, maintain and develop strong relationships with the Customer, Suppliers and internal stake holders.
- Best-in class supplier management and effective communication & information sharing across the full supply chain.
- To support on value, add projects and business change initiatives.
Major duties & responsibilities:
- Ownership of forecasts and effective management for group of products and suppliers.
- Ensure optimum stock holding and order policies are set and supplier issues are resolved.
- Responsible for ensuring necessary escalation, root cause analysis and resolution processes are in place and supported by the full engagement of all key stakeholders.
- Effective transition management of substitutions, discontinued and new products, minimising waste/residual and optimising availability.
- Effectively plan with entire team to manage and execute key events, e.g. product launches, peak periods.
- Plan and direct regular review meetings involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with the Customer, supporting and ensuring communication flow is maintained, accurate and timely including CFT participation where required
- Collaborate with the DC Operations ensuring inbound deliveries scheduling and distribution activity is managed and co-ordinated efficiently and to budget.
- Work closely with RSP team to ensure full alignment with changes to forecast
- Identify end to end opportunities and support change through supply chain with Senior Supply Planner and Supply/Promotions Manager.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder from time to time is required to perform other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
- Experience of managing an operational end to end supply chain.
- Industry experience in an FMCG / Retail environment/Food environment.
- Process driven with evidence of change management and continual improvement.
- Problem solver, analytical thinker, able to articulate the case and engage people to support to achieve the goal.
- A can do positive attitude
- A team player
- Systems – MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) / Demand & Supply Planning i.e. Manugistics, SAP, JDA, Oracle or similar
- Knowledge and/ or experience of manufacturing and production environments
- CIPS / CILT qualified
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships.
- Results focussed and committed to customer satisfaction.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads in a high-pressured environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a systematic way.
If you have the skills and experiences and are interested in the above job description please get in touch at the earliest opportunity.
Taylor & Faith Recruitment 01582 249562