Location – Potters Bar
Salary – £25 – £30K
Reports to – Accountant
As Assistant Accountant the primary objective of the role is to support the Management Accounts team in providing monthly management accounts that are accurate and completed within reporting deadlines. This role focusses on internal controls compliance in regards to home budgets and pre-paid card expenditure.
- Assist in month-end and year-end close procedures, including preparation of month-end accruals and maintaining up-to-date accruals schedules.
- Prepare and resolve queries arising from balance sheet reconciliations, particular focus on bank, petty cash and pre-paid card reconciliations.
- Responsible for the review of payment card and petty cash returns submitted by facilities to ensure compliance to internal procedures and controls. Provide a monthly tracker on compliance and distribute to the senior finance team for escalation.
- Provide training on the reconciliation process for payment cards and petty cash returns to facilities managers and admin staff.
- Ensure that invoices input by the Accounts Payable team are checked for accuracy of coding.
- Provide variances analysis on actual versus budget for certain spend categories.
- Assist the Management Accounts team in any ad hoc duties as required.
Experience and Skills Required
- Studying towards an Accounting Professional Qualification (ACCA/ CIMA).
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, Sumifs).
- Team player with willingness to help others.
- Exercise the utmost discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Previous experience of working in a multi-site environment business.
- Experience of Coldharbour Financials
- Finance team
- Department Heads
- Operations team
If you possess the skills and experiences please do get in touch as soon as possible