To support the CEO in ensuring the Charity’s development and growth in ways that are relevant and in line with our Charitable Objectives and Business Planning.
To ensure the Charity achieves its aims and objectives and fulfils its operational plan effectively by providing high quality support services, providing positive, life-changing support for young people with special needs.
To have key and major responsibility for leading and developing the Charity project, supported by the CEO. Particular partnership is from Policing and Social Services together with schools and Pupil Referral Units.
This is a great opportunity to help take forward an exciting and ambitious new charity and to further develop your record of achievement, leading an innovative project.
* Effectively lead your team of staff and volunteers to deliver a high quality and effective transitions support project to young people at risk of offending to provide support, mentoring and befriending, alternative relationships and activities so as to encourage a positive trajectory and place in the community.
* Lead your team of part-time staff and volunteers to run effective and creative befriending and mentoring support sessions to prepare young people beyond school life.
* Ensure the integrity and effectiveness of volunteer-based circles and clusters of support for young people at risk of offending in tandem with person centred development for the young beneficiaries
* Recruit, induct deploy, support and develop volunteer assistants/befrienders.
* Produce programs, activity plans, brochures and publicity for the above, working with the rest of the team and engaging and involving our young beneficiaries.
* Work closely with police, social services, schools and other referring agencies to help young beneficiaries maintain their new trajectory and support better personal outcomes.
* Make and develop relationships and partnerships with local employers and agencies to support positive choices and relationships.
* Ensure we achieve agreed development objectives and thereby produce an effective and replicable model of provision for this group
Co-ordination and Development
* Ensure the delivery and development of services and community-based activities and development opportunities in line with regulatory requirements and our own policies, including safeguarding, social media and health & safety and data protection.
* Specifically develop services and activities and opportunities for inclusion, community engagement and personal development for 14-16 year olds at risk of offending in a community setting as agreed with CEO.
* Ensure good planning, risk assessment, organisation, evaluation and promotion/marketing of all activities, together with effective safeguarding procedures.
* Run after school and beyond school sessions and activities as the project develops.
* Recruit, induct, deploy, support and develop volunteer assistants (befrienders & mentors), ensuring their training, appraisal and agreement of personal objectives in line with planning and strategy;
* Research and explore options for development, working especially with the CEO; develop partnerships with relevant people in local authority, health and other charities and agencies.
* Evaluate and monitor services appropriately.
* Work within budgets set by the Board and CEO, properly justifying/ accounting for expenditure.
* Provide timely reports as required; attend development team and occasional Board meetings to report.
* Ensure good administration, record keeping and reporting of all work undertaken in line with data protection and other regulations.
* Undertake proactive risk assessment of all activities in line with our policies and good practice, maintaining such within the risk register and to support future planning and development.
Partnership and Liaison
* Work closely with the team, and with steering group and stakeholders to promote good communication and shared focus.
* Ensure effective, relevant and appropriate communication at all times
* Represent the Charity to other organisations, funders and supporters.
* Establish and develop good relationships with other charities and agencies to increase partnership and effective joint working where appropriate.
* Be a point of contact for members and external contacts as regards activities and service provision.
Team and Project Ethos
The Charity expects and depends upon a team ethos, shared approach and positive relationships at all levels. You will need to:
* Work effectively as a team, supporting other team members and being willing to receive support whilst fulfilling your own responsibilities and tasks.
* Express and promote equal opportunities and encourage inclusion and involvement
* Ensure good communications and relationships within the team at all times
* Attend team meetings, personal work reviews and task group meetings proactively and as a contributor.
Our Client is a charity and relies heavily on fundraising for its income. Staff are expected to be an extension of the fundraising team and to support occasional and especially key fundraising events and to engage their own people networks in gaining support for the Charity.
* Promote and foster the reputation and standing of the Charity at all times and support the rest of the team in doing the same.
* Undertake and identify training as required and take a positive approach to personal development.
* Undertake any other reasonable tasks deemed necessary
* Fulfil the duties and responsibilities of an employee as regards Health and Safety at Work, including own safety and self-management