This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work for our client who are a leading specialist sub-contractor, well established & who are currently working on mid-level to high value projects in round the Essex area & the south east.
Hotel conversions, commercial & manufacturing projects are keeping them busy.
This role is suited to an ambitious Qualified Quantity Surveyor who is business focused, determined and potentially like other team members is tired of the big smoke of London and is seeking an opportunity to be acknowledged and rewarded for their efforts.
Quantity Surveyor profile
Ambitious, strong and confident Quantity Surveyor to join the team, bringing fresh ideas, experienced with commercial negotiations & experience delivering across a range of projects.
If you are tired of the big smoke if the city, a would relish the opportunity to work for a modern-day Construction Management company and be rewarded by our client with an excellent generous remuneration package along with genuine opportunity be a Director & Shareholder allowing the CEO to gradually take a back seat.
Duties & summary of role:
* Commercial management of projects Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis
* Contract negotiation
* Account management
* Presenting to new & existing clients
* Day to day cost control management
* Preparation, issue and progressing of applications for payment
* Preparation, issue and progressing of variations and extra works
* Final accounts
* Subcontractor procurement together with preparation and issue of subcontract order documentation
* Subcontractor payments and record keeping
* Subcontractor variations and extra works
* On site re-measurement
* Cost & value Report preparation
* Materials budget, close cost monitoring and reporting
* Assisting other surveyors, project managers & site Managers with pre-start planning and programming
* Full clean UK driving license
* Appropriate level CSCS
* Degree qualified or equivalent
* 4 – 5 years’ experience in the construction industry as a QS
* Knowledge of building subcontracts
* An ability to work under your own initiative whilst adhering to company policies
* Conscientious and disciplined, with flare
* An ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
For more information and a confidential chat about this opportunity please do not hesitate to get in touch at the earliest opportunity.